Unlock all 12 achievements with this concise guide.
Melee Is Best
Defeat any boss without using any magic.
BARBARIAN BOSS: Beat the Husky Barbarian while playing solo using only melee attacks ( and ). Do not use any attacks while holding RT.
- BARBARIAN BOSS: Idle while someone else beats the Barbarian Boss without using magic.
- OTHER: Defeating other bosses e.g. Catfish, Dragon and Sock Puppet using only melee counts as well.
- The Husky Barbarian can be defeated very easily with high strength, and very quickly when using an aerial combo such as …
Using a catapult, fling a knight with maximum power.
FLOWERY FIELD: After fighting three waves of enemies, each player must use a catapult to jump over castle walls. Walk into the catapult to enter, but do not press immediately. When you get a feel for the timing, press right before or exactly when the meter is completely full. If you don’t get maximum, the level can be quit and restarted.
FLOWERY FIELD: Each time you replay the level, you have another chance to get Maximum Firepower, so I recommend not worrying about it since there are dozens of characters to play with and getting the right timing on any character unlocks the achievement.
- Pressing when the meter is at its minimum will result in your character landing on their face on the other side of the castle wall.
Navigate the Abandoned Mill without hitting any obstacles.
ABANDONED MILL: When the Giant Troll appears, move your deer closer to the left of the screen so you have more time to react to logs and doors. If you are playing with less than four players, the uncontrolled deer will gravitate toward doors so you can follow their movements.
ABANDONED MILL: Just like Maximum Firepower, every time this level is completed you have another chance for the achievement, so you can wait to unlock this through eventual repetition.
- Big logs must be jumped over to avoid them, small logs can be dodged by moving up or down, but I advise jumping over them anyway.
- Watch for light coming from doors to have a split second more time to react.
Complete the game using any character.
- COOPERATIVE: Play with a friend using a higher level character (30+) through the entire game, making sure to collect all four relics and completing every individual level, including
Industrial Castle, Dock, Sand Castle Roof, etc.
- SOLO: Choose Red Knight as your starting character and put equal points into Strength and Magic, then Defense if you need it, and none in Agility. Prioritize your Magic over Strength when choosing weapons and animal orbs (the sustained + magic is very good for crowd control), and plan to have magic jump (Magic 20+) by the level Wizard Castle Takeoff.
- Keep 5 potions on you whenever possible, it greatly increases your party’s survivability.
- If you get stuck, try hosting a public game and having random players help you with the specific level.
- If the achievement doesn’t pop for you after playing cooperative, try playing solo and look for levels you missed. Be sure you have every artifact and every level is complete with no arrows pointing to them, then complete the level Final Battle.
- You should be around level 20 or 30 by the time you beat the game, don’t hesitate to replay levels for the experience.
Find and dig up ten buried items.
DESERT: Use the shovel found on this level to dig (using ) anywhere you see an “X” drawn in the ground, and dig up every spot you encounter. This should unlock by the time you reach the Sand Castle, and it is cumulative so it’ll unlock without much effort.
OTHER: After getting the shovel, don’t worry about any dig spots. If you’re going for the Animal Handler achievement or plan on playing this game a few times, you will dig up more than enough spots for the achievement.
- Dig spots are found everywhere in the game, not just the Desert.
Defeat any boss by playing one of his own minions.
BARBARIAN, BARBARIAN BOSS: Complete the King’s Arena (must be solo) in the first sequence of the game to unlock the Barbarian. Restart the game with this character and play until Barbarian Boss, after which the achievement should unlock.
- FIRE DEMON, LAVA WORLD: Unlock Fire Demon by beating the game with Orange Knight, complete Lava World as Fire Demon.
- INDUSTRIALIST, INDUSTRIAL CASTLE: Unlock Industrialist by beating the game with Blue Knight, complete Industrial Castle as Industrialist.
- CONEHEAD, CYCLOPS’ FORTRESS: Unlock Conehead by beating Volcano Arena solo, complete Cyclops’ Fortress as Conehead.
- There are ten waves of Barbarians in the King’s Arena.
- Hawster is a very good Animal Orb for arenas if you are having trouble.
- The cats will not swipe at you if you stay in the bottom left or bottom right corners.
In a 4 player game, resuscitate each of your fallen comrades at least once.
- COOPERATIVE: Play any dangerous level (I suggest Lava World because of the lava spouts) with four low leveled characters (lower health = faster deaths) and have three die by Fire Demons or the eruptions, then let the last person revive everyone (to revive, walk over a fallen ally and press ). This can be repeated for everyone by jumping back into the lava.
- SOLO: Connect four controllers and do basically the same as the cooperative method. This can be unlocked by any of the characters because they are all technically on the same account.
- This must be done in one session without returning to the main menu.
- The achievement can be unlocked legitimately by playing online with very bad players. (Not going to mention any names)
Kay Eye Ess Ess
Collect all 4 princesses’ kisses in a multiplayer game.
COOPERATIVE: Play with a friend on the four following levels, making sure that your character wins each duel at the end: Barbarian Boss, Cyclops’ Fortress, Ice Castle, Final Battle.
- The fourth duel is after the credits, it’s the orange princess.
- This achievement cannot be unlocked playing as a single character.
- All four kisses must be won by the same character on the same profile.
- The kisses do not need to be collected in any particular order or even in the same session.
Complete the Home Castle through Barbarian Boss areas without attacking any foes.
COOPERATIVE: Play through the first four levels of the game with a friend doing all the work. Move and block (hold ) only, hitting a single enemy forces you to restart the process.
Collect all the animal orbs.
Follow my list of all the Animal Orbs in order of appearance in the game. They’re all fairly easy to find if you know the signs to look for and which items to use. Here’s my in-depth guide:
- Every single Animal Orb must be obtained to unlock the achievement on Steam.
- You should have all items and be a decent level before going through the game with this list.
- To find the Key Sword, bring the Cardinal to the level Full Moon.
Win 40 Arena Online Matches.
- COOPERATIVE: Host public Arena matches and have a friend join you, then play Archery or Treasure Hunt, really whatever you like until you each win 40 matches.
- SOLO: Host two player lobbies and make the game mode Archery, since most people have never played it and having a firm understanding of the mechanics gives you an upper hand. If all else fails, play Red Knight.
Win 20 All You Can Quaff Online Matches.
I recommend playing with friends since not many people play this mode online. Find whatever technique works well for you in alternating and , and hold so the next fruit falls almost immediately.