A guide on how to get the Enclave, (from fallout 3 and other games) , to help you in the upcoming battle at hoover damn.
Arcade Gannon Companion Quest Triggers
Most people who have been to the ‘The Mormon Fort’ in Freeside have met a man named ‘Arcade Gannon’. He is a recruitable companion. He might be the easiest to recruit in the game aswell. Anyway, after recruiting him as your companion he will give you the ‘Better Healing’ which will increase the hitpoints you receive from stimpacks. Arcade will wield a plasma pistol, wear glasses and a lab coat (if that wasn’t obvious) .
Each companion has a side quest related to their lore and Arcade is no exception to this. Just like most companions, their side quests are triggered by going to certain places or talking to certain people. In order to start Arcade’s quest, you need to do five of the following quest triggers:
* Become accepted with the Followers of the Apocalypse.
* Take Arcade Gannon to the Crashed Vertibird, he will talk about how he hasn’t seen one in a long time before quickly adding it must have been in a book.
* Take Arcade Gannon into the REPCONN Headquarters where he will talk about the history of REPCONN and its research into plasma weapons after being bought by RobCo, with an intelligence of 6 you can inquire where he learned about this but he will dodge the question.
* Taking Arcade Gannon into the Silver Rush in Freeside and he will start a dialog about plasma weapons. You can ask him how he knows so much about plasma weapons but he will dodge the question.
* During The White Wash agree to blame the Scorpions (gang) for the water shortage.
* Going to Camp McCarran after completing the quest There Stands the Grass and talking to Doctor Hildern about OSI will gain trust.
* Going to HELIOS One and speaking to the Fantastic, then assuring Arcade Gannon you’ll reroute the power supply to Freeside.
* Take Arcade Gannon to the nuclear test shack at the Old Nuclear Test Site. He comments on how the Pre-War government “figured there was so much desert in Nevada they might as well turn it into a big dumping ground.
* Visit The Fort while Arcade is your companion. He will start a conversation with you. Respond with “Let’s just listen to him, figure out what he’s up to, and get out”.
* Having ED-E as a companion before talking to Arcade instantly gives you the quest should you choose all the first options. (Non-functional on PC)
* Betting on Radscorpions in The Thorn with Arcade Gannon following you, make him comment after the fight with latin aphorism.
After doing one of each Arcade will start talking to you and comment on the current situation, usually he will try to dodge a question if you ask him one. You will also have to be done every quest for your prefered faction (or wild card ending) up until the final battle at hoover damn.
Gaining The Enclave’s Support
Upon doing the objectives listed in the previous section, Arcade will approach you and begin to tell you about the past. If you convince to gather an ‘Enclave Reunion’ he will tell you the locations of the other Enclave members. They are:
*Judah Kreger. (Wearing a red cap, outside ‘Miguel’s Pawnshop’ in ‘Westside’, Playing chess with a randomized NPC)
*Doctor Henry. (Only Human in ‘Jacobstown’, inside the biggest building to the right)
*Daisy Whitman. (In one of the motel rooms in Novac, Only talks about flying)
*Cannibal Johnson. (Located in ‘Cannibal Johnson’s Cave’ near Vault 34)
*Orion Moreno. (Located in a small house near the ‘NCR Sharecropper Farms’, If the faction you are helping is the NCR he will refuse to go to the reunion unless to trick him by saying that you are helping the Legion)
At the reunion, in the ‘Remnants’ Bunker’ near ‘Jacobstown’, You can discuss which faction you will help with leader of the Remnants. Judah Kreger. If you tell him to support the NCR, Orion Moreno will leave the room. Once you chase him out, he claims he will not help. This will end in conflict with Orion or him leaving the bunker or a speech level of 80 can convince him to stay. And you may get Power Armour training from Daisy. This will allow you to wear ‘Enclave Power Armour’ or ‘Brotherhood Of Steel Power Armour’. Arcade will tell you that he is worried about the upcoming fight and you can tell him to either “Join the enclave to support you at the battle of Hoover Dam” (This will make him equip ‘Enclave Tesla Power Armour’ and he will be removed from the list of your available companions.) Or you can tell him to “Go back to ‘The Mormon Fort’ ” (This will make him give you ‘Enclave Tesla Power Armour’ and he will go back to being your companion.)
At the reunion, in the ‘Remnants’ Bunker’ near ‘Jacobstown’, You can discuss which faction you will help with leader of the Remnants. Judah Kreger. If you tell him to support the Legion, Arcade and Cannibal Johnson will leave the bunker and you cannot convince them to stay. And you may get Power Armour training from Orion. This will allow you to wear ‘Enclave Power Armour’ or ‘Brotherhood Of Steel Power Armour’. You are then unable to recruit Arcade as a companion after the reunion.