A complete guide on all of the achievements to help you score that extra perfect game.
Hello and welcome to another guide, this time I will be writing about my views on Fallout: New Vegas. I have completed this game completely, all achievements, fantastic game. It took me roughly 73 hours, so anyway, lets see the numbers shall we.
- Achievement Difficulty – 4-5/10
- Number of achievements (including DLC) – 75
- Average time to complete all – 55-100 hours
There is one thing about this game which is pretty good, just like Skyrim, this games achievements are not influenced by the games difficulty. There is one achievement which is obtained by plaything through the game on Hardcore difficulty, hardcore difficulty means that you need to eat and drink, makes the game much more realistic – to get this achievement, you have to keep it on throughout the whole of the game, you get prompted early game about this.
For those of you who haven’t played Fallout before, the game is a RPG, you make decisions that influence the end result of the game, so you effectively make the game yourself, if you’re a jerk, then the game will be a jerk back to you.
This particular game has four different endings, you can side with four different factions – House, Yes-Man, NCR & Legion. I personally sided with the NCR first as I was being a jerk to Legion, so it seemed right, hwoever, if you’re an idiot with the others, you still get the option to side with them at the end.
Its a shame that the game is a little buggy, this means some achievements are not obtainable otherwise.
You now have two different options:
You can either start a brand new game each time and replay it right from the beginning.
You can save at the last possible moment before choosing to side with anybody, then simply reload it – you’ll be in a prime place to achievement ♥♥♥♥♥.
Main Playthrough (Not finishing main story)
This is where it’ll start to get confusing because there are many different ways that I could write this and how you could interpret it, so this part of the achievement guide will be right up until you start to reach the strip you can save in the strip to side with the four different parties to obtain the ending achievements, so these ones are just the main story achievements and side quests leading up to the strip. The first three achievements are unmissable.
Complete Ain’t That a Kick in the Head.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed.
Complete They Went That-a-Way.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed.
Complete Come Fly With Me.
This is a side quest handed out by Manny Vargas in Novac (Town with that cool Green Dinosaur). He will ask you to get rid of the ghouls at the local REPCONN testing facility. You’ll meet with a guy called Jason Bright once you get inside who will start you off on some more quests, there is a highly detailed walkthrough on the Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com]. To cut a long story short, you must either crash the rocket full of ghouls, or let them fly away.
Complete Talent Pool.
This is another side quest which is given to you by Tommy Torini within The Tops Casino, he’ll basically ask you to find some acts for his theater. The four acts are scattered over the wasteland, however, the arrow does direct you to the area that they’re in and sometimes right to them, there is a detailed guide on the Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com] in case you’re stuck
Complete G.I. Blues.
This mission is given you to by The King, inside King’s School of Impersonation, you get access to this just before entering the Strip, so you’re not quite right there yet. This is located in Freeside, its pretty clear where you have to go, you can also potentially recruit his dog, Rex after you’ve finished this quest, as always, here is a detailed walkthrough on Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com].
Complete That Lucky Old Sun.
You can trigger this quest in HELIOS One, this is located just North of Novac – it is NCR controlled, so be careful who you annoy before reaching this point. Talk to Lt. Haggerty to trigger the quest, full detailed walkthough is here on the Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com].
This quest is where you gain the alliance of The Boomers! They’re located near Freeside in the far North-East corner. To get to them, you must dodge the missiles. Once you reach the gates, you’re taken to see Pearl who will give you a series of quests, simply complete these and you’ll have another achievement, full guide is on the Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com].
Complete The Legend of the Star
I hated this quest, from start to end. You learn about this quest quite early on, but you dont officially unlock it until you enter the Sarsparilla Headquarters and talk to Fetus. You basically have to find 50 All-Star Sunset Sarsparilla bottle caps and then return them to him. Once you do this, the mission will fail, however, don’t rage like I did, follow his next quest and the achievement will unlock. Here is a guide with the locations[fallout.wikia.com] of the caps, I used this to find a few.
Remember, you need to start with hardcore mode on!
Play the game from start to finish in Hardcore Mode.
You get the option to turn this on fairly early, so make sure you do, yo ucan turn down the difficulty, but you must not turn this off. This mode adds realism to the game, you have to eat, sleep and drink to survive, a tip to survive, make sure you have plenty of Doctor Bags and Stimpaks, food as well. Just keep healthy and beware that ompanions can die in your party and you can be hit by friendly fire. Once you’ve sided with somebody and completed the battle for Hoover Dam, the achievement will pop. Good luck!
Here are some of the achievements that you’ll get just by playing the game naturally, some you can hunt for, but hey, who doesn’t.
Reach 10th level.
Complete a load of quests, kill a lot, and you’ll have this soon.
Reach 20th level.
Same as above really, no problem.
Reach 30th level.
Everybody says that this is hard, I personally think its ok..just complete quests and stuff, and it’ll be easy.
Recruit any companion.
There is a large internet debate here, who is the easiest to recruit? Boone or ED-E. Boone is found in Novac, you have to complete a quest to unlock him, ED-E is in Primm and you need to repair him with parts that you can find around the Mojave.
Recruit all companions.
There are 8 companions in total around the Mojave, 6 humans and 2 robots(?). You must recruit all of them to get this achievement, but not necessarily keep them, I personally kept ED-E and Boone, quite useful really. There are details on the Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com].
Craft 20 items.
Crafting items counts as using a workbench or a campfire. You can cook steaks that you get from Big Horn’s or maybe Gecko’s to get this.
Install 20 weapons mods.
Mods can be found and brought from traders across the Mojave. This is not cumulative, you have to do this in one playthrough unfortuantly….if you’ve already busted your luck at the casinos, then you have more than enough money. I went to Gun Runners near Freeside to get this.
Discover 50 locations.
To discover a location, you just have to walk near it and then you’ll get the letters saying that its been discovered. Discover 50 of these to get this achievement.
Discover 125 locations.
This is exactly the same as above, but discover 125, just keep discovering things!
Discover all snow globes.
You need to find all seven snow globes around the Mojave, once you get to the Strip, you hand them over for a little bit of cash into Mr House’s collection. Here are their locations, relative to how early in the game you can get them.
- Located in the cemetary at the back by one of the graves.
- Hoover Dam
- Just inside the visitor center on the welcome desk.
- Old Mormom Fort
- As you enter, immediately turn right and go into the corner tower, its upstairs on a shelf.
- Just on the reception desk inside the reception.
- Nellis AFB
- Go to the Boomer Museum, on a table on the right upon entering.
- Lucky 38
- Found in the cocktail lounge, took me ages to find this.. its inbetween a green lamp and a cash register.
- Vault 21
- Go to Sarah’s room, you need to lockpick it and have a skill higher then 50 to do so, or pickpocket her to get her key.
Misc. Achievements (Cont.)
Pick 25 locks.
You’ll get this over time, just keep picking those locks. Just make sure yo uupgrade your lockpicking still, even to 100 before you try doing some.. entirely up to you.
Repair 30 items.
Another achievement that you’ll get over time, you loot dead peoples weapons and repair you current one.
Hack 25 terminals.
To confirm, a locked terminal is a computer where you need to correctly guess a password to unlock the computer. When unlocking a terminal, if you fail three times, turn the PC off and try again just so you don’t fail.
Pick 50 pockets.
There are many ways that you can do this, you can simply do it over time with a high sneak skill, however, I did it a different way which is kinda cheating i guess, go to the Vault 21 reception, inside, the receptionist has an unlimtied supply of bubblegum, simply put on your stealth boy and just pocket her for free over and over again.
Make 50 speech challenges.
You can get this by the end of the game, I suggest leveling up your speech perk wherever possible and when you are faced with a speech answer in some diagloue, you always take that option.
Win 3 games of Caravan.
I hate Caravan, it sucks and I wish I didn’t have to play it, but I did..this is much easier in the early stages of the game as the NPC’s get better the further you get on, so in oodsprings, go the Ringo’s hideout (story mode really), he’ll give you a deck for free and he’s easy to beat.
- Make sure all three of your piles are between 21-26.
Nothing really much to say, I don’t quite understand how it works..
Win 30 games of Caravan.
Just rinse and repeat above..took me 59 games in total to get this ..
Play 10 spins of Slots.
These are fun, promise! Simply pull the hand on a slots machine 10 times to get this. I personally got this in the Strip, but you can start this in Freeside if you so wish.
Play 10 spins of Roulette.
Again, wait to the Strip to get this, pop into a casino and its an easy achievement.
Play 10 hands of Blackjack.
Another easy achievement, simply play 10 hands of Blackjack in the Strip, easy.
Get banned from all the Strip’s casinos.
Firstly, I suggest that you make sure your Luck stat is quite high, and wear that little nightdress too. This increases your luck considerably and makes this a lot easier. The three casinos you have is the Gomorrah, The Tops and Ultra Luxe. You need to basically get enough coins/cash to get kicked out. Now I personally played slots in the first two casinos and won big quite early, in the last casino, you have to either do roulette or blackjack. With a high luck, you get dealt good hands pretty much everytime, so you can get this in no time.
The 10,000 Challenges!
Next thing to discuss, is the infinite 10,000 challenges. For some reason they use 10,000 hit points as a base here, but anyway, some of them are pretty easy to get, some are a little harder.
Sell 10,000 caps worth of goods.
This achievement can not be immediately obtained, it is aquired over time – it is a lot easier with a higher barter level. There is a quicker way of doing this, once you’ve reached Gun Runners, you can sell a maximum of 8,000 caps, simply sell all of your items and then buy them back and just rinse and repeat.
Cause 10,000 damage with Energy Weapons.
You can’t get this achievement for a while unless you’re lucky enough to find an energy weapon early on, I personally hate the weapons as they’re quite lame. It’s worth noting here that Plasma explosives do not work, so don’t bother trying it. You can find a laser pistol right at the start of the game in Doc Mitchel’s house, but as I said, they’re hard to find after that. The Brotherhood of Steel seem to have a lot, Silver rush in Freeside sells them and ofcourse, you can find them from the Fiends.
Cause 10,000 damage with Explosives.
This achievement is one of the easiest to get, but you must have money for it. Once you’ve reached Gun Runners, you can buy the FatMan, Grenade launchers etc and it makes this a whole lot easier, Robots have lots of health, especially if you’ve triggered the alarm at REPCONN headquarters, so put some grenades down and it’ll be fine, achievement unlocked. I also found myself fighting DeathClaws with grenades.
Cause 10,000 damage with Guns.
This is definately the easiest of them all, you’ll get this very early on in the game as soon as you start using weapons really, the majority of people you come across will drop weapons so you’ll have no shortage there, or you find yourself a good Sniper Rifle and just start head popping.
Heal 10,000 points of damage with Stimpaks.
This is a fairly reasonable achievement to do, you’ll get this overtime, if you want to do this nice and qickly, drown yourself and then heal with Stimpaks.
Cause 10,000 damage with Melee Weapons.
This isn’t too bad to do either, you simply have to just use weapons that you swing. i found this quite easy fighting the Fiends once I was leveled up, there are quite a few and if you sleep and fast travel back, you’ll have this in no time.
Heal 10,000 points of damage with food.
This is the biggest pain in the ass personally, I eventually found a quick way of doing this – I fast travelled to the areas around Jacobstown and killed some bulls, I then cooked the steaks and they heal quite nicely, I drowned myself and just before I was nearly dead, ate them and rinsed and repeated.
Cause 10,000 damage with Unarmed weapons.
Haha, fun achievement here. You can use a combination of Sealth Boys and critical attacks to get this, or if you get the “Paladin Toaster” and then go to the Brotherhood of Steel, there are a lot of enemies in there and you’ll do a lot of damage and easily get this.
Story: NCR Playthrough
I personally set out right from the start siding with the NCR, at every oppertune moment, I was annoying Legion and everything, however, there is a point in the story when you’re at the Strip when you can side with anybody SAVE HERE and keep that save as a neutral save, just refer to this save when changing who you side with.
Complete For the Republic.
To start this series of quests, you need to accept the invitation from the abassador and do the quests given to you.
This achievement is awarded to you once you finish the game siding with the NCR at the battle of Hoover Dam.
Complete Return to Sender.
This isn’t really an exclusive quest to the NCR, but I suggest doing this one whilst siding with the NCR just because you havent alienated them. You need to travel to Camp Forlorn Hope and find Sargeant Reyes. Once you’ve spoken to her and she’ll ask you to investigate happenings at all the different Ranger Stations and then finally confront Chief Hanlon. Finish it all to unlock it.
Complete You’ll Know It When It Happens.
This quest is part of the NCR, Mr House and Wildcard story lines, so don’t worry if you miss it on this playthrough, you need to basically prevent the assination attemps on the President once he has landed. If you’re stuck, you need to watch out for.
- Sniper on the tower behind him
- Bomb on the vertibird
- Fake Mechanic with a knife near the podium
Stop all three to get the achievement.
Story: Mr. House Playthrough
As I said before, once you get to the Strip, create the universal save so you can swithc to this playthrough.
Complete The House Always Wins
You need to have some good terms with Legion for this, you can do one or two small missions for experience points, but just remember that you aren’t siding with him.
There are six parts to this specific quest, complete all 6 and you’ll unlock this.
Complete All or Nothing.
Finish the game whilst siding with Mr. House.
Story: Legion Playthrough
Just use that universal save that you made to complete this.
Complete Render Unto Caesar.
This quest is awarded to you just after you complete Ring-A-Ding, somone who works for Legion will approach you telling you to meet with Caesar in Cottonwood Cove. Basically, go to Cottonwood Cove and start working for Caesar.
Complete Arizona Killer.
You need to kill the NCR president, you need to do this with the Legion playthrough as the others seem to side with the NCR.
Complete Veni, Vidi, Vici.
Finish the game whilst siding with Legion, to finish the game finish the battle at Hoover Dam.
Story: Wild Card Playthrough
Use the universal save to start with this ending.
Complete Wild Card.
Once you have found Benny and done the necessary, explore his apartment and you’ll find his personal robot, Yes Man. Stat the missions and complete them all to unlock the achievement.
Complete No Gods, No Masters.
This achievement is done and unlocked once you’ve finished the game siding with Yes Man at the battle of Hoover Dam. Legion and the NCR seem to fight each other, so just run run run hehe.
DLC : Gun Runners Arsenal
This DLC is fairly easy to complete, some can be a little tricky, but it’s not as if it was going to be handed to you on a plate really – some of these challenges will cause you to alter your playthrough and who you side with, I recommend before doing the challenge you save the game, that way once you’ve done the achievement and got it, you can pick up from where you left off.
- Achievement Difficulty – 4-5/10
- Completion Time – 2-10 hours
- Number of Achievements – 5
Okay, there is a mixture of achievements here, you have to do some kind of challenges, I was like what the hell when I looked at them. You also need to cause some damage too, so all in all, a pretty fun DLC!
Cause 10,000 damage with unique Mojave Wasteland weapons.
This is a pretty good achievement to do, across the Mojave Wasteland are people with “unique” weapons. For example, when you find Benny he has a weapon called “Maria”, this is a unique weapon – simply cause 10,000 points of damage with these types of weapons to unlock. A full list of weapons can be found on the Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com].
Cause 10,000 damage with Gun Runners’ Arsenal (GRA) Weapons.
Again, fairly straight forward – as you’re buying weapons, you need to check if they have a (GRA) marker next to them, if they do then those are the guns you need to buy, simply cause 10,000 points of damage and the achievement is yours. Full list of weapons can be found on the Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com].
Complete any three Gun Runners’ Arsenal (GRA) one star (*) Challenges.
Here is the first of many challenges, this is the easiest of the three, hence the one star difficulty. You need to check your pip boy for details on these challenges – majority of them are killing people with certain weapons etc or even monsters, here are the challenges in full – complete any three to unlock – I will list the ones that I did first.
- Benefit Or a Hazard
Kill Robots with 5.56mm Pistols. (0/15)
- There are three main locations to get this, I personally did this one. I visited REPCONN headquarters, the Crashed Vertibird and finally Sunset Sasparilla Headquarters, a very easy achievement for not too much work.
- A Slave Obeys
Kill Mr. House with a 9 Iron or Nephi’s Golf Driver. (0/1)
- I went and stole Nephi’s Driver as it was easier, infact I stumbled upon it by pure chance, I activated a quest in the Crimson Caravan Club which sent me to a camp just slightly north of Samson Rock Crushing Plant, there he was and I remembered the challenge, so I stole it, good job too.
- The Same Could Be Said of All Religious Weapons
Kill Feral Ghouls with Maria, Gehenna, and Holy Frag Grenades. (0/15)
- This one is pretty easy, you get the Maria weapon from killing Benny (the man who shot you), you can buy ammo for it and it does a fair bit of damage – just go out and find some Ghouls, near REPCONN or South East on the map near the radiated town and you’re away.
- You Don’t Belong In This World!
Kill Abominations with Katanas, Dynamite, Machetes, Throwing Spears, Throwing Knives, and Throwing Hatchets. (0/10)
- There are several ‘creatures’ that you can kill for this, Deathclaws, Night Stalkers, Spore Plants, Centaurs & Fire Gecko’s, here is a link on the Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com] for more information.
- Ne Ne Ne Ne…
Cripple Right Arms with Shotguns. (0/5)
- Pretty self explanatory, just simply target right arms in Vats. I recommend going to fight the Fiend’s, a lot of enemies and easily obtainable. Can be any type of monster too, so even Gecko’s if you’re really struggling, even Radscorpions.
Kill Animals with any Fat Man or Fat Mines. (0/20)
- Probably a real easy one once you have the cash, you can acquire a Fat Man at Gun Runners. Then simply go kill anything you can find, visit El Dorado Dry Lake – there are many Fire Ants to blow up.
Complete any three Gun Runners’ Arsenal (GRA) two star (**) Challenges.
Again, here is the list – the first three I did.
- White Line Nightmare
Kill Fiends, Vipers, or Jackals with Tire Irons, Baseball Bats, Lead Pipes, Machetes, .44 Magnum Revolvers, or Sawed-Off Shotguns. (0/20)
- This is an easy one, I purchased a Tire Iron from Good Springs General Goods and did this – you can combine it with the 10k Melee Damage too.
- Vault 13’s Revenge
Kill Super Mutants with 5.56mm Pistols, Plasma Defenders, Plasma Grenades, Power Fists, Rippers, or the Bozar. (0/15)
- I bought the 5.56mm (GRA) pistol from Gun Runners and went up to Jacobstown, there are some mutants near Black Mountain too – the final blow has to be with the 5.56mm, so use a sniper rifle to nearly kill them.
- Historical Propriety
Kill Caesar with a Knife or Combat Knife. (0/1)
- You need to kill head honcho of the Legion, this is very difficult, took me 40 minutes and I had 1 bar of Hp left – if you want to side with Legion, create a save beforehand.
- Even a God-King Can Bleed
Cripple Caesar’s head with Throwing Spears. (0/1)
- Again, difficult, you only need to cripple it but you still have a fight on your hands. You get a nice amount of Throwing Spears, just the final cripple has to be a spear – you can combine both challenges together.
- Dyin’ Ain’t Much of a Living
Kill members of NCR or Legion hit squads with weapons affected by the Cowboy perk. (0/5)
- You need to annoy a faction so the hit squads come after you, the NCR are easier to deal with, apparently you don’t need The Cowboy Perk, just a selection of weapons, as ever, Fallout Wiki[fallout.wikia.com] have the info.
- Sic Semper Tyrannis
Kill President Kimball with any One-Handed Pistol. (0/1)
- You pretty much need to get to the end game to do this, you will have sided by one faction by this point, again, you can save and revert before continuing (if this is the last challenge of the three).
- Nyah! See?
Kill Chairmen, White Gloves, or Omertas with any submachine gun, light machine gun, or minigun. (0/10)
- To get this, you need to run into the strip and visit the three casinos. Go and create havoc, if you want to just kill specifically, The Omertas are in the Gomorrah, The Chairmen run The Tops and the White Gloves run the Ultra-Luxe.
- Talk About Owned
Kill Benny with his own gun, Maria. (0/1)
- You find Benny in The Tops casino, I personally tried and tried to do this, but my Sneak level was far too low it seems, again, its an easy challenge to do.
DLC : Gun Runners Arsenal (Cont.)
Complete any three Gun Runners’ Arsenal (GRA) three star (***) Challenges.
I proud wear this achievement on my profile, not many people have it, but it was a very good achievement to get, didn’t take me long. I did the first three.
- Deathclaw Pro Hunter
Kill adult Mojave Wasteland Deathclaws with .22 Pistols, Switchblades, Boxing Tape Recharger Rifles, or Dynamite. (0/5)
- I personally did this at The Thorn, once you’ve completed her challenges, you can the option to fight a Deathclaw 1on1. I weakened it with a Sniper Rifle and finished with a .22 Pistol. Rinse and Repeat.
- Armed For Bear
Kill any named NCR Ranger or commissioned officer (Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, General) with Machetes, Rippers, Chainsaws, Throwing Spears, or Ballistic Fists. (0/15)
- Thinking about it, not sure why I did this one.. You can find 3 officers at the Mojave Outpost (South West) and then there are two/three ranked officers at each Outpost (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot). If you want to side with NCR, create a separate save file for this.
- Man-Machine Interface
Kill Mojave Wasteland Mr. Gutsys and Sentry Bots with Brass knuckles, Spiked Knuckles, Tire Irons, and Lead Pipes. (0/10)
- This was a fairly easy challenge to be fair, I still had my Tire Iron, so I weakened them down and got the final blow with the Tire Iron – you can find them in REPCONN Headquarters (de-activate them), the Crashed Vertibird or even around where the Boomers are.
- Against All Tyrants
Kill any named Legion members with Hunting Revolvers, Ranger Sequoias, Brush Guns, Service Rifles, Hunting Rifles, or Cowboy Repeaters. (0/10)
- I started doing this one, but screwed myself out of it.. majority of them are in The Fort, Cottonwood Cove or Fort Nelson.
- Crackerjack Timing
Kill Mojave Wasteland Cazadores with Tin Grenades, Long Fuse Dynamite, and Time Bombs. (0/10)
- I strongly think you should disregard this challenge, these things can poison you and whilst they may not seem harmful, I just think you shouldn’t deal with them. If you want to do this, I suggest you do it with sticks of Dynamite from large distances to get critical attacks, remember, its the killing blow that has to be with dynamite, not the whole battle.
This DLC is quite fun, there is no reason why you can’t snap these achievements up very quickly. I would suggest that you make a plan and stick to it, sometimes, the earlier choices that you have made will make some of these challenges next to impossible to do.
DLC : Lonesome Road
I found this DLC to be worth the money, I loved every second of it, great story line, just a shame about the stupid Deathclaws…
All of these achievements can be earned by just simply playing through the DLC and playing cautious, think I will do these in order of attainability.
- Achievement Difficulty – 3/10
- Completion Time – 3-7 Hours
- Achievements – 5
Acquire all upgrades for the Divide’s signature weapon.
The Divide is known for its signature weapon, this weapon is called ‘Red Glare’. This beauty of a weapon is a missile launcher, once you pick it up (located on a rooftop), you must then find the three upgrades, these are randomly found throughout The Divide and are extremely rare. However, if you’re not patient and don’t want to search, there is a way around this – Possess over 34,000 caps and once ED-E has opened up a commissary for you, you can buy the upgrades from there, if you don’t have enough caps, make a save and sell everything to get the achievement and then simply reload, if you miss this – you can complete it after the main story in The Divide.
Find all of ED-E’s upgrades in the Divide.
Woohoo! ED-E, everybodys favorite Robot! His upgrades are very useful, so I recommend getting them, lucky for you guys, I know where you can get them.
- The First upgrade is located in the Hopeville silo bunker, once you’ve unlocked the silo doors, you’ll notice an eyebot that is lying on the floor, you have to walk past this, so you can’t miss it.
- The Second upgrade is found in Hopeville Missile Base HQ, just located off of the main pathway. Once you enter the base, immediately turn left and follow the hallway down to a room, you’ll find the eyebot under a desk.
- The Third upgrade is located in the Ashton Silo Control Station, once you enter the silo, you’ll find a locked door and a hard terminal, unlock this and you’ll find the next bot.
- The Fourth upgrade is by the Municipal Offices, to proceed you’ll have to go through a big round sewer pipe, instead, turn to the right and run up another smaller pipe to find the bot.
- The Fifth and final upgrade is located just before reaching the Cave of the Abaddon, this is hard to describe without doing a video, you need to head north and you’ll see a warhead that needs to be destroyed, go on a little further and the upgrade will be found on the floor slightly north of the top opening.
Detonate all of the warheads in the Divide.
This will be the most time consuming achievement that you’ll need to do here. There are a total of 30 warheads to find, you must blow them all up with the laser detonator (you find this early on and have to blow one up to proceed), the majority of them are hidden but some are in the way and you have to destroy them to proceed. These videos might help.
*Note – these videos are not mine, they are Rooster Teeth’s, all comments about these videos must be given to the creator.
Decide the fate of all the Divide dwellers.
This is a story related achievement and cannot be missed, it’s unlocked roughly half way through the DLC.
Complete Lonesome Road.
There are a series of quests to do before you can complete this DLC – The Courier in which you must go and confront Ulysses and the choice of The End or Apocalypse, both trigger the final ending and the achievement.
I did like this DLC, most pople say its the hardest, but personally, I thought it was average. The length was good and the story line was good as well.
DLC : Honest Hearts
Zion, just to confirm, we’re nowhere near the Matrix, promise, but If I remember correctly, Zion fell right?
- Achievement Difficulty – 1/10
- Achievements – 5
- Completion Time – 2-5 Hours
Arrive at Zion.
No way you’re gonna miss this one, its a a story related one – I got it as soon as I travelled to Zion.
Scout the Zion Valley for signs of the White Legs.
This achievement is story and cannot be missed.
Crush the White Legs.
This achievement is a mutually exclusive ending to this DLC, before you decide the fate of you Zion, you need to save before Daniel. Follow the marker and crush The White Legs!
Resupply Daniel and the Sorrows.
This achievement is story and cannot be missed.
This is the other mutually DLC ending, again, save before Daniel and then just run like a coward.
A fairly straight forward DLC really, pretty good, wouldn’t go outta my way to play it, but decent enough.
DLC : Old World Blues
Another fun DLC to play, I think its pretty good – quite a bit of information and stuff, although on the plus side, you do get to talk to your own brain????!
- Achievement Difficulty – 6/10
- Achievements – 5
- Completion Time – 5-10 Hours
Reactivate all of the Sink’s robotic assistants.
This is kind of a story related quest, there are things in the Sink that require certain programmes/manuals or something, anyway, find them and give them to the correct object to unlock the achievement, here is a quick list of each location – I have removed the one you’re given at the start and have to do to proceed wit the DLC.
- Sink Project – Toaster is found at The Cuckoo’s Nest
- Sink Project – Book Chute is inside House #101 in Higgs Village.
- Sink Project – Light Switch 01 is inside X-2 transmitter array.
- Sink Project – Light Switch 02 is found just inside the North Big MT tunnel.
- Sink Project – Jukebox is located in the House #108 of Higgs Village.
- Sink Project – Sink is in the caverns of the magnetohydraulics complex.
- Sink Project – Auto-Doc is in the Y-17 medical facility.
- Sink Project – Muggy is found outside the Securitron de-construction plant on a truck.
- Sink Project – Visit the X-22 botanical garden to get the last one, inside the corner.
Pop back to the Sink and install them on the relevant objects to get the achievement.
Make up your mind… about your brain.
Lol achievement, really.. You actually have a conversation with your brain! Story related achievement and quest, have at it.
Recover X-8 vertebrae-pulse-de-sensitizer frequency!
This is a story related achievment.
Recover X-13 cardiac regulator sneaky suit!
This is a story related achievement, you need to find the suit.
Complete Old World Blues.
This achievement is basically the conclusion to the DLC, you really have to do this one on your own and decide what you want to happen in the Sink.
The lobotomites are annoying, I hated them – I accidently started this DLC at level 5, it was horrible and basically, well yeah. So I advise you to be a high level, its easy from there out, but still a complex story line which gives it that mysterious feel.
DLC : Dead Money
I didn’t care much for this DLC, to be brutally honest, I hated every second of it, but each to their own…
- Achievement Difficulty – 3-4/10
- Achievements – 5
- Completion Time – 5-10 Hours
Anyway, lets get started.. firs tthing to note is that when you go to The Brotherhood of Steel bunker to start this DLC< you lose all of your equipment, so don’t bring anything that you think you need, try to be light as possible.
Recruit Dean Domino, Christine and Dog.
There are three people you need to find once inside the DLC.
- Dean Domino – A singing threatre performing ghoul.
- Christine – Some mute, think shes from the Brotherhood of Steel..
- Dog – Some weird Nightkin with mental issues
You have the choice of who you go to resue first. You can find Dog in a police station along with some supplies that you might find useful in the game. Dean is found in some building district there are lots of traps everywhere, so beware, he wont willingly go to the fountain, persuade him. Christine is in the medical district trapped, you need to free her from where she is trapped, once you’ve done all three tasks, you’ll unlock the achievement.
Collect 500 Sierra Madre Chips.
These can be found around the DLC, just simply collect 500 of them to unlock the achievement, you can buy things to with them asw well, such as Stimpacks.
Complete the Sierra Madre Gala Event.
This is a silly achievement too, once you get all of your friends to the Fountain, you must then take them all somewhere individually..pretty stupid really. Tkae Dog first as he is the easiest one, you need to get him to stay where you leave him, under no circumstance must he leave. Take Dean afterwards, he ofcourse, refuses to stay as well, you ned to convince him. Last and not last, take Christine, she ends up in an elevator, you have to persuade her or trick her.You should have a high repair skill, its easier that way.
Trap Father Elijah in the Sierra Madre’s vault.
Create a save before you enter the vault, once the dialogue has begun, leave the vault immediately and just keep running, once you’ve done so, the achievement will unlock.
Confront Father Elijah in the Sierra Madre’s Vault.
Once you have got in and switched the power on and found your way to the fault, call Elijah down and then prepare yourself for a fight.
I didn’t really feel anything for this DLC, it was the last one I had to do and I didn’t really enjoy playing it if I’m honest. The story line is long and not really compelling for me.
Ok, so you have read my guide and hopefully you have or very nearly have reached all 75 achievements.
The game is brilliant in so many ways, just like Skyrim, it is made by the same producer and you can MOD it in exactly the same way, I personally played this game on Vanilla and I loved every minute of it, but maybe with a few MODs it might be better.
The achievements are challenging and not that hard to get. I like the way that you can play with four lots of different people and generally do what you want, you effectively make the game your own and you decide what happens which is pretty neat.
The only criticism I would say is the graphics as I feel that they are sometimes a little dull, but as I have mentioned above, there are MODs and I’m sure one of them will visually upgrade this game.
Overall, a fantastic game, money well spent.
*Note – The pictures used in this guide are from the Steam Achievements Page.