This is a guide that lists all the artwork to find for the “Art Lover” achievement in the Forest of Doom as well as how to find each of them.
As I was completing the game I realized that I was missing a couple pieces of artwork and couldn’t find a list that identified what the artwork was or where to find it so I created one. This guide is split into two parts: a list of the artwork, in order, corresponding to the completed art gallery. The second half goes through each piece of artwork and identifies the location of the artwork, based on the excellent map in the walkthrough by Erdbeertoertchen.
There are two primary pieces of artwork (upper left and upper right) and 64 pieces of smaller artwork. The top left artwork is the original cover to the game book and you’ll receive this image automatically upon playing the game. The upper right artwork you receive once you complete the “Manual Drive” achievement. The other 64 pieces of artwork are the line drawing and colored version and once you find each piece of artwork in the game you’ll receive both versions of each image. In other words, there are 32 unique smaller images and I’ll just refer to the line and colored versions as a single image below. The following image shows all 64 images:
Art List in Gallery
This table identifies the artwork in the gallery image above. The numbers correspond to the map locations in Erdbeertoertchen’s walkthrough.
Artwork by Location
Obviously Spoilers Ahead!
Some artwork will be provided as soon as you enter the location identified on Erdbeertoertchen’s map while others you need to make some selections to reach the artwork. If there are selections that need to be made at the map location, the choice is outlined based on the page number.
1. Yaztromo’s Tower: Provided automatically at quest start.
2. Crow: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location.
3. Bandit: Page 206 – “If you wish to go to the aid of the person in trouble.”
4. Witch: Page 147 – “If you wish to look through the window of the hut.”
5. Hobgoblins: Page 8 – “If you wish to meet their owners”
7. Orcs: Page 226 – “If you wish to step off the path to investigate.”
10. Sting Worm: Page 157 – “If you wish to walk down the hole” followed by “Carry on down hole.”
11. Ogre: Page 337 – “If you want to examine the cave.”
12. Tree: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location.
14. Ape Man: Page 274 – “If you want to climb up the vine to the tree house.”
17. Wild Boar: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location.
20. StrongMan: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location.
21. Hunter: Encounter only happens if you approach from the east. Page 361 – “If you wish to face the oncoming pack of dogs.”
22. Barbarian: Page 105 – “If you wish to step off the path to see what or whom the vultures are interested in.”
24. Fishman: Page 291 – “Walk down the steps to the base of the waterfall.” followed by “If you want to walk through the sheet of water.”
27. Centaur: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location.
28. Werewolf: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location.
32. Hut: Page 311 – “If you want to enter to hut.” [sic]
35. Wild Men: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location.
40. Goblins: Page 359 – “If you wish to take a closer look at the well.” and follow the passages around until you find the goblins.
42. Deep Underground; Clone Warriors, Fire Demon: All three of these occur starting at the same choice after killing the Pterodactyl. Page 247 – “If you wish to follow the arrow.” You’ll need the Ring of Light and the Rope of Climbing but once you’ve gone down that path the Deep Underground artwork and Fire Demon will unlock automatically as you proceed. The Clone Warriors are in the alcove at page 88 – “If you wish to enter the alcove.” The warriors were one of the two I missed and had to back and find.
43. Arch-Mage: Page 236 – “If you wish to enter the cottage.”
46. Catwoman: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location. Can only be reached from the west.
47. Dwarf: Unlocks automatically upon reaching location. Can only be reached from the west.
48. Crypt: Page 306 – “If you wish to examine the building.” Then you need the silver key from the Wild Men and descend the stairs.
49. Forest Giant: Page 190 – “If you wish to face the oncoming beast.”
50. Wyvern: Page 103 – “If you want to look more closely.”
52. Bandits: Unlocked automatically upon reaching location.
53. Stone Bridge: Unlocked automatically upon reaching location.
54. Gnome: Unlocked automatically upon reaching location.