This guide is for those of you with brave little toasters that might not meet the required graphics card specs.Don’t forget to rate!*Let it be known that I no longer have access to a lowend PC (RIP dell business laptop) and this guide is kind of old, so with modern operating systems things may be a bit more or less optimized.
Boost FPS by forcing Dx9
- Ensure that you have ran Tomb Raider and configured the in-game video options to your liking at least once
- Open the start menu and type regedit in the search funtion or the run function
- Open the Computer directory and find HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Crystal Dynamics>Tomb Raider>Graphics
- On the right find Render API, double click it
- Ensure the value is Hexacimal and replace the value with 9
- Q: What does this guide do?
This guide forces the game to run DirectX9 instead of DirectX11 as a method of making the game less tasking on computers with lower end GPUs, the older the version DX the easier it is to run the game.
- Q: What is regedit?
The Windows Registry Editor (regedit) is a graphical tool in the Windows operating system (OS) that allows authorized users to view the Windows registry and make changes.
- Q: What is the registry?
The registry is a single place for keeping such information as what hardware is attached, what system options have been selected, how computer memory is set up, and what application programs are to be present when the operating system is started