About This Game
OFF GRID : Stealth Hacking is a 3rd person stealth hacking game where data is your most powerful weapon. OFF GRID forgoes combat for hacking tools and ingenuity, and is completely moddable.
Gameplay utilises unique mechanics that allow you to manipulate the world and people around you with the data they unwittingly leave behind. It’s a stealth game where the player can truly hack and manipulate objects in the environment.
The seemingly normal OFF GRID world is a dystopia governed by an overreaching state, always seeking to know more about the daily movements, thoughts, and search history of the general public. You play a technophobe single dad, Joe, who is oblivious to the prying and spying, corporate-sponsored government.
It is within this surveillance state that you must figure out how to game the system undetected. Your motivation is simple: your tech-savvy daughter, Jen, has been forcibly taken from home by government agents. What happens next is up to you.
OFF GRID supports Steam workshop! Players, modders, and hackers will be able to use the game to create new and interesting levels with stories about surveillance, hacking and the internet of things. Mod the game with full Steam Workshop support and a customized Unity editor. See how we built OFF GRID using our maps, assets and code as an example.
- Stealth and hacking gameplay based on use of data and environments rather than weapons and combat
- Hack into lifelike simulated networks and data with realistic hacking techniques and tools including SSH, sidejacking, and social engineering of the AI
- Contemporary storyline and missions related to real-world events surrounding data privacy and mass surveillance
- Fully moddable content encouraging players to create new and interesting levels, whether complete fantasy or mimicking hacking in the real world around them
- Outstanding audio and original soundtrack from Jonas Jensen and Lyndon Holland, the BAFTA-winning composer from the game Virginia